Our qualified school nurse manages our Health Centre and delivers both universal and targeted services and works with colleagues across our provision providing a key link between school, home and the community.
She works to the standards for proficiency in nursing, namely:
- Being an accountable professional
- Promoting health and preventing ill health
- Assessing needs and planning care
- Providing and evaluating care
- Leading and managing nursing care and working in teams
- Improving safety and quality of care
- Coordinating care
She is also responsible for delivering programmes to improve health outcomes for all our learners (5-19 years). This includes working collaboratively with a range of clinical professionals as she supports our learners physical and mental health.
In addition to this:
- she delivers training across all staff to ensure they have the skills and understanding to secure best possible outcomes for all our learners
- Maintains key policies linked to health and well being, all records and reports pertaining to the physical and mental health of our learners.
- Health Care Plans
- Health Centre daily logs and individual learner daily logs.
- Individual risk assessments
- All Medication records
- Managing and administrating all controlled medications.
|26 CP: First Aid policy||37 SP Medical policy|
Our Health Centre
We have a modern, well equipped and spacious Health Centre where our school nurse is based.